Re: How to read xlsx files in Euphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
Spock said...
mattlewis said...
Spock said...

What are my options for reading data from an excel file into a Euphoria program?

You can do this with EuCOM. There are some Excel wrappers and demo included. I think there were some updates to the last release to get some things working with euphoria 4.0, so you might be better off downloading a snapshot from the mercurial repository.

I haven't used this stuff in a long time, but if you have issues, please ask.

Matt

Matt,

I couldn't get Eucom (from the archive) to work under 4.0 and the link gives me a "Error 404" msg. What to do?

Spock

Does using http://sourceforge.net/projects/eucom/files/eucom/v2.08/eucom-2-08.zip/download help ?

Or, try going to http://sourceforge.net/p/eucom/svn/7/tree/trunk/ and clicking on "Download Snapshot" ...

Thanks for the links, Jim. I downloaded the eucom bundle from the first link. I had to also d/l win32lib to try the sheet demo. It wouldn't work due to some unresolved references:

c:\euphoria\win32lib\include\win32lib.ew:10090 
<0074>:: Errors resolving the following references: 
	..\..\win32lib\include\win32lib.ew (10066): OleInitialize 
	..\..\win32lib\include\win32lib.ew (10070): OleUninitialize 
	..\..\win32lib\include\win32lib.ew (10090): OleUninitialize 

OleUninitialize() 

So I d/l the snapshot and try the demos again. This time the interpreter can't find sequence.e (because I never use include\std). Adding it to the EUINC var only gets me:

c:\euphoria\win32lib\include\win32lib.ew:10090 
<0074>:: Errors resolving the following references: 
    ..\eucom.ew (979): reverse 
    ..\eucom.ew (980): reverse 
    ..\eucom.ew (981): reverse 
    ..\..\win32lib\include\win32lib.ew (10066): OleInitialize 
    ..\..\win32lib\include\win32lib.ew (10070): OleUninitialize 
    ..\..\win32lib\include\win32lib.ew (10090): OleUninitialize 

OleUninitialize() 

^ 

I give up. I'm going to watch TV..

Spock

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu