Re: Array from C++ DLL to Euphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
mattlewis said...
TheresNoTime said...

Thanks! But I do not understand how Euphoria find the internal structure of the array? I guess, Euphoria always sees it as a sequence of bytes?

A SAFEARRAY is a special thing that Microsoft created for COM / ActiveX / OLE Automation. It's not just a native C++ array. There is a whole API for dealing with them.

Matt

I have idea: transform SAFEARRAY with screenshot to more compact array. I needn't full information about pixels. It is possible to squeeze RGB to one byte. I can see two methods:

1. Eight bits composed by three bits from R, three from G and two from B. May be even this: four bits of R and four bits G. I know in advance that the blue color will rarely see in my screenshots.

2. (R+G+B)/3. So, we get brightness (from 0 to 255). Other formula: (R+G+B)>>2 (from 0 to 191).

Do you think this makes sense? Whether such transformation will be compensated by simplifying and/or accelerating export of an byte[] to Euphoria program?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu