Re: Precompiled include files

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
mattlewis said...
jaygade said...

As I'm working with the source, building and running tests, and waiting for the same files to be translated over and over again, a thought occurred to me:

Would it be a useful feature if Euphoria included precompiled .e files from include/std in object format? The files could either be built with the language itself or else they could be cached after other builds (including building the language itself). The standard library files don't change much at all either during Euphoria development or during user program development. It might save a bit of time.

Just a thought for a possible future feature.

Yes, I've thought about this some. See RoadmapBeyond:

wiki said...
  • Integration of compiled libraries with interpreted code
  • Compile a euphoria include as a dll.
    • Translator adds a function that returns data about the public / exported routines, which the interpreter adds to the symbol table as special euphoria routines
    • User can call compiled routines like normal euphoria routines, and the interpreter handles the call transparently
    • Possibly use ifdefs to determine whether regular interpreted or compiled library to be used (if available)
    • Add a lib/ dir in the euphoria directory structure as a place for the compiled libs to live, or possibly specify other locations through config file

Matt

. . . . because as a dll we can unload it and reload it during runtime as much as we like to change it . . . .

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu