Re: new DOS source

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...

Derek, are you willing to run a poll - or gather the data using other methods - to actually and accurately gauge the interest level in a DOS edition? If you aren't, then perhaps you would be unwise to simply assume that there is "next to zero interest" without any evidence to back it up.

You need to figure that a poll here is measuring only those who are active here and who have predetermined to use Eu on dos. A poll here won't measure those who use dos and have not yet used Eu, or those here who use Eu and have never seen a dos computer. Or those who use smaller computers like Arduino, who might consider a dos machine as a step up.

I am not interested in "retrocomputing" as much as a computer giving me unfettered hardware access with a reasonable OS and LBA harddrive access. In a way, i don't see much distinction between a 80486 running msdos5 and a modern micro or picoatx mobo, except for the quantification of the peripherals (hdd size, main memory size, filesystem type, ethernet speed, etc). To me, make it run 32bit flat memory dos instead of linux and i'd be pleased to run Eu on it. Maybe that's your "out" to easy dos support: find a way to make it look exactly like the dos i described, but in a shell on box that boots nix.

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu