Re: new DOS source

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...

Interest in using it is a secondary issue. The primary one remains - who will maintain/support this codebase? None of the current devs have the time/experience/inclination to do this.

BRyan, are you volunteering for this job?

Hi,
I do not care in using a Euphoria Dos-Version. I don't even can understand why someone will use this.
But i have to disagree with you.
Interest in a project is primary, if there is no interest, you want need a maintainer.

As i read it here on the forum, you now have a working codebase for Dos?
Why not release it to the public? Even on OpenEUphoria.org (you can still mark it as unsupported,deprecated etc.)

Dos is not a moving target (like Windows or Linux) development in Dos seems to be really slow (i'am joking...)

So, new developers for Dos have a lot of time to learn.

Maybe, one of the persons that are only interrested in a Dos Version is the next Developer? Maybe, this take some time.

BTW, i do not believe that someone really invest a lot of time in a Dos Version. But i think the source should be released.
If you can provide a zip File I'am willing to put it on my homepage.
Andreas

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu