usingEuphoria and The Archive

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Forked from Greg's site

useless_ said...
ghaberek said...
useless_ said...

Can i ask again, like elevating this to a trouble ticket, that all archive submissions be intact standalone code, with all includes, able to run on a bare new install of Euphoria? This scenario happens often, and more often than people take the time to ask about it on this forum. I'll bet most people new to Euphoria run into this issue and just leave.

While I agree entirely with your suggestion, I must point out that:

1. this isn't really helpful to the OP's questions

2. this really is a point to be brought up with Rob Craig since that is still his site

Now, I would suggest that this site maintain its own archive of sorts, but I won't, because I would actually like to maintain my own code repository on my recently adopted site that is still under development. -Greg

While I agree entirely with your suggestion, I must point out that:

1. this isn't really helpful to the OP's questions
  2. I need a password to log into it
  1. You're right! I really should have forked that conversation right then and there.

2. As I said, it's "still under development" so it's locked down until it's ready. I am still working on writing at least a dozen or so articles before I turn the new site loose on the world. There's no point in having an empty site and then expecting people to contribute. I also want to make sure I express my intentions for the site very clearly right away.
useless_ said...

What does it mean:

0 - DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (jerror) at position 0 (j): The timezone could not be found in the database 

I got that the other day. I did not have the timezone set correctly on my server. It should be corrected now.

I think we all agree that The Archive is certainly in need of a clean-up. But I also feel that our times have changed and that a simple "upload your file here" archive is no longer necessary or relevant. I think that in an effort to drive more people towards Euphoria, we should provide a more detailed and forward-facing approach.

To that effect, I have recently adopted usingEuphoria.com from C. K. Lester (euphoric) and I am rebuilding it into an article-based site (a multi-user blog, really) where anyone can sign up to write articles and upload attachments. The best comparative example I can come up with is that it's like CodeProject for Euphoria.

-Greg

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu