Re: memory use increasing while running, till...

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
BRyan said...

Matt: 

Wouldn't safe.e help you locate the leaks ? 

How about building a version of 4.0 with the euphoria original memory allocation 
that Rob used and compare that with the version of 4.0 that uses the new memory 
allocation method. 

To see if the memory leaks still occur. 

Different memory. Until a few days ago, i'd avoided calls to match() most of the time, by using code similar to that which Derek posted earlier in this thread. I'd just run into too many wierd issues with match() after v3.x, but this last app i coded up a few days ago i wrapped match_replace() instead of using only my code. I wrapped it to catch most of the situations that cause match (etc) to crash. The app memory use skyrocketed, and it wasn't an issue with code i wrote. This was serious, so i started this thread and spent an hour shrinking my app down to the minimum lines to cause the issue.

Just think, no one was interested till i sent code to Derek and deleted my copy. At no point did anyone ask for the code which proved there is a problem in Eu's C guts. I don't do C code. I can see problems and point at them.

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu