Re: Indexing Euphoria HTML Documentation for context sensitive help

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
K_D_R said...
Kenneth Rhodes said...

I am rue to do all the data entry, if someone else is working on a better system, or has a better approach in mind.

Matt said...

Hmm....it might make sense for us to generate this as a euphoria include file that would do it for you. I'm sure we could come up with a more sophisticated search than we have in the javascript function, too.

Matt

Using an EDS database, "EuHelp.edb" with a table, "eu_kwds", a table with three fields, the first is the key, which is the search_word, a euphoria keyword, the second is the html documentation section, and the third is the html index #. Works like a charm:

k = db_find_key(search_word)                                                                        
if k > 0 then                                                                                       
      index = db_record_data(k)                                                                       
      section = index[1]                                                                              
      index = index[2]                                                                                
      system_exec(BROWSER & "file:///home/kenneth/euphoria.4.0.3/docs/html/" & section               
& ".html#_" & index & "_" & search_word, 0)   
end if 

That is all there is to it!

Well, I spent a lot of time manually entering the three data items necessary to call up the relevant article in a browser window - Now I find that the "index numbers" or (whatever it is called) has changed;

for Euphoria 4.0.5 --http://openeuphoria.org/docs/std_eds.html#_4203_db_open file:///home/kenneth/euphoria.4.0.3/docs/html/std_eds.html#_4108_db_open [Edited for format - Admin]

So... will the index numbers change with each new version of Euphoria?

Regards,

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu