Re: [OT] USA Elections

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
euphoric said...
jimcbrown said...

Now that I think of it, I'm not aware of any literal Robin Hood cases where the federal government sent in agents with guns to take an individual's money and then directly sent it to another person (or group of people) who were poorer for the specific purpose of feeding, medicating, educating, clothing, or sheltering them.

The federal government takes your money at gunpoint all the time. They're called "taxes." Try not paying them and see what happens. (They pull the trigger if you don't pay.)

EDIT: fix typo: plan -> plane

I've never heard of anyone dying (let alone getting shot) for refusal to pay taxes. Maybe one guy drove a plane into an IRS building, but ...

If you refuse to pay taxes at all, then the government will go to your employer and take more out of your paycheck. They will also place leins on your property and sell them. I guess if you attempt to use armed violence to retain your property after it has been sold, you could get into a shootout with the police ...

It's possible, and fairly easy, to legally avoid paying any taxes right now. Just make sure your income and net worth are so low that the IRS says you owe $0.00 in taxes before withholdings. Don't bother with owning any kind of property (like buying a house or a car) either. I don't recommend doing this, and I suspect most people would rather pay the tax than take this legal route to avoid paying taxes, but it's an option if you feel strongly enough about it.

euphoric said...

Part of the taxes the government takes from me go to entitlements = "the federal government sent in agents with guns to take an individual's money and then directly sent it to another person (or group of people)..."

Not literally with guns, though.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu