Re: [OT] USA Elections

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
mattlewis said...

But part of the genius of this is that the state governments view things differently than private citizens.

Should they? Where else do they get their mandate from? The only time I see the politicians doing something differently from the wishes of the electorate is when special interest groups come over with lots of campaign money.

State legislatures have their own budgetary stuff to worry about. Of course, they be interested in going along with some new way for the Feds to usurp their power, but one thing I think will never be in short supply is politicians trying to increase their power at the expense of other politicians. I'd rather set them up to be working against each other rather than against me.

It's frankly not totally different than using the different motives of suppliers and consumers to reach a mutually beneficial price.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu