Re: [OT] USA Elections

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
mattlewis said...

You must live in a different world than I do. This is certainly how Democrats like to characterize Republicans

Well, I live in the same area as you do, and there is some campaigning in those areas going on. Certainly, those are naturally very emotional topics that are more likely to stick out in a persons mind (regardless of whether a person agrees or disagrees), as long as that person has a strong opinion on it.

But right now, the campaign is quite heavily - almost exclusively - focused on the economy. At least on TV.

Exactly. I'm not saying that one side doesn't say the other likes killing babies and the other side says that their opponents want to deny health care. I'm just saying that it's a relatively minor point in this election, at least on the Republican side.

Democrats have tried to make it a main topic (look at their convention), but generally, Republicans haven't taken that bait.

jimcbrown said...
mattlewis said...

but then, the Democrats are the ones telling us to vote

And the GOP isn't? http://www.c-span.org/Events/Sen-Portman-R-OH-Urges-Early-Voting/10737435464/

You mean to tell me that you oppose getting people out to vote?

I'm not sure what your deceptive editing of my quote is supposed to show. Or perhaps you missed the vote like your lady parts depend on it ridiculousness.

Of course, there's also the Putin campaign ad that they ripped off, likening voting to sex. Now there's a role model for a chief executive!

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu