Re: Raspberry Pi revisited

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
EUWX said...
useless_ said...
EUWX said...

By the way, the Raspberry Pi are still in short supply.
I paid my deposit at the student bookstore and have been promised one in the next 2 weeks.
Also I forgot to mention that they now come with 512K memeory as standard.

How does tinybasic run on 512K of memory?

useless

I am not too familiar with the product. You can try any of the above URLs. or try
http://www.golem.de/news/elternkompatibel-tinybasic-one-fuer-raspberry-pi-1210-95381.html According to them and I am quoting:
"Für den Raspberry Pi gibt es nun auch einen Basic-Interpreter. Tinybasic One soll mehr Leuten die Beschäftigung mit der für die Lehre und für Hobbyprojekte entwickelten Minicomputer-Platine ermöglichen - inklusive abschaltbarem Goto-Befehl."

You will probably understand that better.

No, actually, i do not understand why they "disconnected" goto.

This is more relavant to the 512K of memory you mentioned: "Viel Platz belegt es nicht: Die Distributionsdatei ist nur 66 KByte groß." but it doesn't tell me if 66K is left for Basic, after installing the OS and drivers and such, or if the Basic installer uncompresses to more than 66K, or how much ram the variables eat.

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu