Re: OpenWatcom install problem

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
SDPringle said...

There have been issues with where Watcom is installed in the past. Where did you install Watcom? Did you install it in C:\ or under C:\Program Files? If you installed C:\Program Files, did you use the 8.3 'short' name hack? This would look like 'C:\Progra~1\WATCOM'. Shawn Pringle

My Windows Watcom installation is c:/euphoria/watcom; chosen by the Euphoria installer. This install did not compile prorams. When I installed the full OW (on top of this install) I installed again to c:/euphoria/watcom, except this time the OW installer set up the paths correctly. I did not use any short filename hacks. After the full installation of OW programs do compile.

I am assuming that c:/euphoria/watcom is the default path that euc.exe is using.

My guess is that I initially messed up the paths when the installer (recognizing a previous Eu install) asked if I wanted to append the Euphoria paths--and I just clicked go ahead.

A new experiment:

On Linux, I installed the Euphoria-OW package using Wine. This version did not compile programs. I installed the full OW package on top this install. I compiled and ran taskwire.ex under Wine.

The OW compiler complains about wcc386.exe being not available but still works.

TOM

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu