Re: Tasks - communication

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
eukat said...

I provided for two choices, a global broadcast or a list of tasks to narrowcast to. What other choice could there be? This is what i wrote in early 2010:

-- fromid is always from only one source, the one doing the sending 
-- toid can be: 
-- -- atom -- one task 
-- -- {atom,atom,etc} -- a selection of tasks 
-- -- "*" -- all tasks except fromid 
export procedure task_send_var(object toid, atom fromid, object what)  

Why not simply:

shared object o 

In place of, or in addition to, what, exactly? If you mean to simply share an object that's available to all tasks, there is no point in having a task msg manager.

jimcbrown said...
eukat said...

Putting sequences in toid would cause a lan transaction, but i didn't get that far in the code i didn't delete. What code i have remaining is what wasn't deleted.

It sounds like what you have left isn't usable enough to be extended into the official Euphoria task messaging system anyways. Too bad, but life goes on. Someone will (eventually) write one.

Funny, i read that as "ok, your code sucks, it's not good enough for anyone to use, tsk tsk, we can write a new one from scratch without you". But collectively, you said that 2 years ago.

Great reason for me to not share the code with boater. Which i was considering doing.

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu