Re: Tasks - communication

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
eukat said...

So i provided for broad- and narrow- casting. You choose your best option for the app you are currently coding. Sue me.

jimcbrown said...

I suspect that I'd normally choose narrowcasting most of the time, if I had to choose between those two options.

eukat said...

If you had to choose? Is this a undue excessive burden? You are not required to choose, you could flip a coin or ignore one option. I didn't want the burden of choosing for you, so i wrote in both options, i thought they'd be useful. Sorry.

Although having both choices is useful, having only these two choices to the exclusion of all other possibilities is an undue excessive burden. Having to ignore an option would be an even greater undue excessive burden.

I provided for two choices, a global broadcast or a list of tasks to narrowcast to. What other choice could there be? This is what i wrote in early 2010:

-- fromid is always from only one source, the one doing the sending 
-- toid can be: 
-- -- atom -- one task 
-- -- {atom,atom,etc} -- a selection of tasks 
-- -- "*" -- all tasks except fromid 
export procedure task_send_var(object toid, atom fromid, object what)  

Putting sequences in toid would cause a lan transaction, but i didn't get that far in the code i didn't delete. What code i have remaining is what wasn't deleted.

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu