Re: Tasks - communication

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
useless_ said...
boater said...

Started playing around with tasks, which seem to offer a lot of possibilities for programming round parallel activities like long lasting i/o.

Are there any posts/ thoughts on inter-task communications, or messaging, that anyone can point me to?

I was working on this a few years ago, on Eu v4.0b2. I had task-to-task and global broadcasts working, in March 2010. There was a lot of opposition to communication between tasks, so i quit working on it.

Kat, I don't think you are correct with that assertion. Can you tell me exactly what was the opposition you are referring to? And how do you define "a lot of opposition" in this context?

I think that having inter-task communication is imperative, especially for safe access to shared data between tasks.

I like the D Programming Language's approach to this, namely that all data is assumed to be shared between tasks unless explicitly said otherwise.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu