Re: Voting begins on removing OpenWatcom support

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
CoJaBo2 said...
ghaberek said...

I'd be curious to see the list of reasons and/or benefits for dropping Watcom.

Do a Google search for "Watcom 64 bit"; It seems silly to continue to support a compiler for just one (arguably soon to be dead) architecture on one operating system, when there are GCC ports for every OS and architecture imaginable..

No 64-bit compiling? Who do these people think they are?! LOL

That's a good enough reason right there! pleased

kenneth said...

OK by me. Hopefully, Windows users won't have to install any more of MinGW than is actually needed. I presume C++ support won't be required, for example. Will a suitable installer be included with the Euphoria download?

At the very least, we'll need a solid Wiki article on setting up the MinGW/MSYS environment. It's not that hard to get running but it can be troublesome if you're in a mixed environment. I had the hardest time tracking down issues because I had Strawberry Perl installed for another project. getlost

Plus you'll want the C++ compiler if you need to configure/make/make install various other libraries, like wxEuphoria. grin

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu