Re: FreeLibrary()

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
eukat said...

I am open to using other methods, if you know of one, show me it working, please.

The only other method I know of is to modify the backend to do what you and Greg describe, below. Obviously, I can't show this working without actually implementing it.

eukat said...
jimcbrown said...

the backend/runtime doesn't know that the shared object has been unloaded and keeps those wrappers around, wasting memory. AFAIK there's no way to free that memory short of ending the entire program.

If the back end creates those wrappers on demand, then the back end should have a named pointer to them, so an unload operation by that name should make that memory available for the next load(open_dll) operation. In this case, i am performing the loop on a DLL of the same name, it's not even like i am changing name, or DLL size, or number of functions in the DLL, or etc etc..

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu