Re: making a dll

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
useless_ said...

I have not use this phrase "c:\euphoria\" to describe my Eu installation, and the path "c:\euphoria\" is not required to install any Euphoria version. While i have a "c:\euphoria\", the watcom path/files are not there, as that is not where i told version 4.0.4 to install. The most useless and truthful and direct answer to your question is "no, there is no watcom anything in "c:\euphoria\". The fact there is no watcom there is also totally immaterial to the issue at hand, and in the spirit of your question, the most material and (also) most truthful responce is the one i gave.

No. The most material you could have given would have been something like, "Actually, when I installed, I installed to another directory, and there is a watcom directory there." I guess you like giving pedantically correct answers and watching others misinterpret them due to them having to post questions whose assumptions exactly match details about your system that only you would know.

useless_ said...

Or i could tell you it's not in "c:\euphoria\", and we could try till hell freezes over to put WATCOM in c:\euphoria\ and run it against files in c:\Euphoria-4.0.4\ with the combination of wrong path (as set in the downloaded install file) and wrong path (as in that's not where my 4.0.4 files are). You prefer to call me evasive and not answering the question, then you cannot question me nick'ing myself "useless" or "helpless" or any other nick you believe describes me.

Yes! Look, see, you do know what a helpful answer might be. Now I'm thinking "likepullingteeth" would also be an improvement.

useless_ said...

I have no motives other than making the program work as advertised. You said to follow your steps (which i'll do except for rebooting, that's a waste of time and not necessary), and i followed your steps, and i relied on the buggy setenv-ow.bat, and it did not do what it was purported to do. I cannot help it that no one else found this bug in the years it's been released. And i didn't write the code that does the translating, so i can't know where it expects to find files, so i am not likely to guess correctly what the correct PATH is.

ZOMFG. Then why don't you drop the passive aggressive routine and try to give more helpful answers? People (especially Jim and I) have been trying to help you. It's really hard when you refuse to help yourself by assuming that any answer that makes bad assumptions is evidence of persecution and not, oh, I don't know, bad assumptions or a mistake?

useless_ said...

I am not demanding you fix anything. I want my installation to work. Please feel free to continue saying the install program works correctly with the bugs.

I don't think I ever said the installer was bug free. I don't think anyone else said the installer was bug free. I think you gave misleading answers that made it difficult / impossible to diagnose. I'll have to get my psychic debugger looked at, because clearly it was on the fritz today.

useless_ said...
mattlewis said...

I'm just stating the obvious: if you don't put a ticket in, it's more likely to fall through the cracks. I can only assume that you're not really interested in getting it fixed. This goes for pretty much any bug or improvement that anyone finds or desires. I would say the same thing to anyone else on the forum, and have done so many times.

And i am guessing that after reporting it here, and in the irc channel, if you don't fix it, i am assuming you are not interested in fixing it. My experiences tell me i don't want to go head-to-head (again) against the dev team to get the bugs fixed in the released version.

OK, now I'm thinking that maybe selfdestructive or selfsabotage would be even better.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu