Re: making a dll

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
useless_ said...

Looks like i cannot make a dll, WATCOM isn't set, and there's no data about what to set it to.

DerekParnell said...
gbonvehi said...

I've the feeling that Watcom was being deprecated as supported from Euphoria ...

Yes it is being deprecated. This is because Watcom does not, and will not be, supporting 64-bit architectures. We use GCC on linux and MingW on Windows.

I uninstalled Watcom some time ago now so I'm not able to help with the exact issue reported.

Yet win4.0.4 ships with WATCOM, which isn't working, and nothing tells me what the environment variable WATCOM is.

I thought that should have been set by the installer (it's been a long time since I've installed Watcom or euphoria on Windows). Either way, the WATCOM variable should point to the WATCOM directory. On my VM, I have:

C:\>set watcom 
WATCOM=C:\WATCOM 

Personally, I like to translate using the -makefile option, since it preserves the C code automatically, and makes it easy to tweak stuff and rebuild.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu