Re: Eu4 - Using wget with wine

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
sergelli said...

Ok. Maybe there is not much interest to the programming for the net.

But, if anyone wants to know, see below.

I ran a binary on the Internet, using the function HTTP_GET in a progam on my PC. Every time that the binary is executed, it sends an email and also sends a return to function

When I use Linux, the function htto_get, returns 100% of the time

When using the Windows Seven HTTP_GET the function returns a few times (less than 5%)

When I use Wine, htto_get function, NEVER returns.

Thus, it appears that the function could not run the binary on the Internet, but this is not true, because the mail was sent every time the function was executed HTTP_GET on my PC

But the return of a function is important to know if there was success. As I said above, when I use LInux, there is return of 100% of the time, so here is a suggestion for the development team, improving the return of this function to the Windows platform

I think I understand what went wrong here. I refered you to system() but if you want a return value then you actually want to use http://openeuphoria.org/docs/std_os.html#_1849_system_exec

It is strange that system() would return a value on Linux 100% of the time, as it should return a value 0% of the time.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu