Re: define_c_func/proc and 64-bit return types

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...

That's for 4.0, not 4.1

C_DWORDLONG is the wrong constant... but strangely, C_DWORDLONG and C_LONGLONG both point to the same value in my copy of 4.1 ! I'll have to ask Matt about it sometime, when he's around...

In 4.1, C_LONGLONG is set to #03000002 - but that hex constant won't work in 4.0, since support for it is lacking in the backend.

I was wondering if I could have just hard-coded a value in myself. I guess not! I'll keep this in mind as I move forward.

jimcbrown said...

The shim library is better, as it allows users to use your code in places where they can't update or install your modified library and have to use the original library. Also, no need to rebuild the shim library everytime a new version of the original comes out.

Agreed. A shim it shall be. This is also known as "the wxEuphoria solution" grin (or is it "the wxWidgets problem" ?) getlost

Thanks!

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu