Re: define_c_func/proc and 64-bit return types

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...

I'm not sure if you can with 4.0 .. but 4.1 actually has a C_LONGLONG type and has support for doing this builtin already.

Interesting... There is a C_DWORDLONG in std/dll.e, but it's set the same as C_DOUBLE which AFAIK returns a 64-bit floating point value. I just want a 64-bit int.

--** double 64-bits 
C_DOUBLE  = #03000008, 
--** dwordlong 64-bits 
C_DWORDLONG  = #03000008, 

Another problem I've run into is a series of functions that take and/or return the following structure by value!

struct x { 
    float a; 
    float b; 
    float c; 
    float d; 
} 

Now, I can pass four floats to the function quite easily, but I'm thinking this 128-bit return value may be a problem for Euphoria. getlost

So at this point I may have two options:

1. Modify the source of the library to return int64_t and this quad-float structure by reference, then provide my custom-built library instead of the original.

2. Write a shim library in C that links to the original library, reads the troublesome values and returns a pointer to them.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu