Re: Raspberry Pi

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
DerekParnell said...

I suspect the main road block will be the C compiler that is supplied with it. If its a recent release of gcc then we should be in a good position.

You can download Debian Squeeze from their site to load directly onto the device. Debian Squeeze includes gcc 4.4 which should work just fine (correct me if I am wrong, I often am about C/C++ programming).

johnrpm said...

I ordered one on the release day, but they sold out within minutes, I believe they run on linux and have python as the programming environment, they are targeted at schools to get youngsters interested in coding again, like in the days of BBC basic, It would be good if Euphoria was the coding environment instead of python, ( or as well as) it would give Euphoria the place it deserves, but how you go about that ??????.

It's a Linux environment just like everything else. If we can compile Euphoria for ARM (which we can) then we can build a deb (Debian) or pacman (Arch Linux) package to easily distribute it to other Raspberry Pi users. From there it's a matter of documentation (which we have) and examples/tutorials (which we are working on).

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu