Re: encrypting data in edb, revisited

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
apeto1 said...

i believe i posted about this before here some time back. i needed to protect data in edb database, and ended up going with truecrypt.

problem is the application has grown, and there now have to be multiple databases on multiple partitions to implement access control. which is starting to become very problematic as many of the records need to be shared between multiple people and so are duplicated in more than one edb. also, some of the target systems are xp embedded, and truecrypt refuses to install here.

i need a secure reliable method to password protect individual records, so that they can be accessed by select departments but no others.

Just a few questions to help me clarify the issues here.

Are you saying ...

• that each record in any given table can only be accessed by a specific set of people?
  • that an individual can only access a specific set of records within any given table?
  • that the data in the database should only be accessed via the application?

In other words, you must deny access to the entire database from people outside of the organization and control access to records (rather than whole tables) within the organization?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu