Re: ver4 keyword Conflict

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
BRyan said...

If someone is smart enough to be working on a physics library they would use another

language like FORTRAN in a DLL or SO.

They would not depend on the Euphoria to do the High speed complex calculations.

Um, what? Have you seen any games written in Euphoria? What about in Fortran? Besides, it was just an example. I doubt a Euphoria programmer wants to write a physics engine in Fortran just to write his/her game in Euphoria.

For another example, I have a program that I am working on which takes a route defined in a GPX file and estimates given your performance metrix how long it will take you to traverse the route, bicycling or hiking. This is very calculation dependent. I can perform these calculations faster in Euphoria than any other language I use on a regular basis except for C, it's a bit faster. That's just another example. I'm sure there are hundreds of examples. For mine, it needs to be as fast as humanly possible because I wish it to execute in web requests and some GPX files will be 100,000 lat/lon points. I have to be able to compute the distance, bearing, elevation change, grade and then apply performance metrix from other sources and then compute new lat/lon points based off each of those metrix. Euphoria gives me that ability right now. No way I want to develop a web application in Fortran. Nor do I want to write all my formulas in Fortran, creating a DLL/SO, then wrap it in Euphoria. I use Euphoria because it's fast, at math alike.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu