Re: ver4 keyword Conflict

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
mattlewis said...
BRyan said...

[ problems with Linux code ]

I was not aware of this. Examples?

Jim:

What about curses ?

I believe that went away with either 3.0 or 3.1, or maybe even before that. Definitely before 4.0.

Matt

Even when we had it, I wasn't happy with the way it was implemented. It was basically linked in to make it easier to implement position() and get_mouse() et al. and nothing more. None of the underlying ncurses stuff was exposed throught he langauge, you couldn't use it at all. (Well, you could do it via open_dll("") on Linux/GNU but imvho this isn't different at all from just open_dll("libncurses.so.5") - which should still work with 4.0.)

ncurses has a separate set of functions for wide character (e.g. unicode) support that weren't compatible with the older set of functions (that is, you weren't allowed to mix and match calls from the two sets, you had to pick one or the other) and since Euphoria only used the non unicode set, it wasn't possible to do unicode/UTF-8 with Euphoria and urxvt.

This works very nicely with 4.0, however. (It should work fine with 3.0 as well, since that's when ncurses was removed.)

Is there anything else besides ncurses and get_mouse()/gpm ?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu