Re: edbi + mysql + linux missing driver and password question

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Jerome said...

I did the following to get EDBI/Mysql to work with EU 4 on Ubuntu 10.04. Towards the top of your edbi_mysql.e file, look for the line:

constant lib_mysql = open_dll({  

You need to add your particular Mysql shared library on your computer to this list of possible files. For example, I have the package "libmysqlclient16-dev" installed on my system so my shared library file is "/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.16.0.0". Then just recompile the dll, move it, and ldconfig. You should be good to go!

Hope this helps,
Ira

Thanks for the reply.

Well this seems to get me one step closer, however, I get another error:

/usr/share/euphoria/include/std/../../edbi/edbi/edbi.e:348 in function open()                                                       
A machine-level exception occurred during execution of this statement                                                               
  321:      sequence driver = _[1], conn_str = _[2]                                                                                 
... called from /var/www/cgi/test.ex:23 ("%s/%s/edbi_%s.%s", { driver_path, driver, driver, SHARED_LIB_EXT })                       
  323:      sequence dll_name2 = sprintf("%s/edbi_%s.%s", { driver_path, driver, SHARED_LIB_EXT })                                  
--> See ex.err uence dll_name3 = sprintf("edbi_%s.%s", { driver, SHARED_LIB_EXT })                                                  
ant@anthill:/var/www/cgi$  

Is there something else I might be missing?

Thanks...

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu