Re: Best Practices

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Vinoba said...
Dan said...

heh heh heh, yeah! But at the very least, all of us non-professional programmers will get a chance to see quite a variety of "best practices", and even perhaps some of the reasoning behind some of them, both of which should be interesting, and possibly helpful, too.

Dan

"should be interesting," - Yes " and possibly helpful, too" - Doubtful

Helpful only to the extent that Every developer has his own idea about what is good for the next level of programmer. Unfortunately they end up giving the application programmer more restriction than help.

I was just looking at another forum of an unrelated language where, you can't click on a list of items and send the clicked text to another window - It is an object oriented rendition of a very nice original language where, programming in DOS in 1992, I was able to do that action very comfortably!

Three cheers for oop!

My real main point was the hope that experienced/professional programmers would share their REASONS for their "best practices" with us, as well as the "best practices" themselves. That way, we could evaluate for ourselves if their "best practices" make sense to us. But so far I don't think I have seen any actual "best practices". I thought "best practices" were some "useful methodologies" in programming, but perhaps I'm mistaken or confused?

Dan

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu