Re: problems with the scoping in eu4

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
bill said...
jeremy said...

Now, the with entry, I feel it's a great option. About jumping around, a loop is nothing but a conditional goto, the with entry is also nothing but a goto. Both make sense to me and both make my existing programs simpler. The less code I write as a developer means the more productive I will be (within reason of course). Thus, nice shortcuts like this make me as a developer more productive thus as an employee more profitable. In todays programming market, I enjoy being more profitable to my clients. Yes, something as simple as with entry makes a difference in clarity or code and profitability.

You are wrong. If a loop is nothing but a goto then there is nothing sepecial about a loop. It is true a loop could be:

:loop 
  if f = 0 goto end 
  goto loop 
:end 

And you can merrily jump around through your code. You had better have global scope and a good debugger as you need both.

It is like that in sed and other obscure languages - (obscure as in difficult to understand).

However Euphoria loops have scope. There your argument falls down.

Yes. You are correct loops have scope. I was talking more in regards to how a loop jumps and relating that to how with entry also jumps, just like a loop but my statement was not well written, thus incorrect.

Also, as a side note. You do not need all the \\ at the end of your lines. The forum handles making proper paragraphs itself. Simply separate your paragraphs with an empty line.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu