Re: problems with the scoping in eu4

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Bill said...

Declaring variables in while loops is not helpful. With entry is an unneeded kludge presumably brought into existence by the lack of an exit statement. With/without fallthru is undesirable - switch should have.

Umm, how is it unhelpful to be able to declare variables in while loops? I mean, it's not a feature that I would necessarily use and I think that it would be enhanced by being a true masking scope, but even without that I can see the utility of it.

With regards to "with entry" and the lack of an exit statement, umm, an exit statement exists. It is very flexible. You can even follow it with a certain number representing the loop depth or a specific label representing a specific loop. I'm not sure if any other language is so flexible.

With regards to switch statements and with or without fallthru, well, your statement was cut off. Can you explain better? People in the community could not decide whether a C-style switch (with fallthru) or a BASIC-style switch (without fallthru) so both were added, with the BASIC-style being the default.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu