Re: Euphoria Release Cycles

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

I was NOT implying that there is no activity, and certainly did not mean to offend. I was trying to bring to your attention how THE MASSES view any of the software products, particularly the low priced or free ones. 1. They want an APPEARANCE of activity. 2. When emails come with announcement of new release, to them that is THE evidence of activity. 3. If the email confirms with a URL to a download right in front of the eyes IN the email, that is better confirmation. 4. Also this ordinary software developer wants to FORWARD this email to his 4 buddies to ask them to see what THEY think of a particular change or two. 5. I am a fairly knowledgeable person, and have used Sourceforge, etc for at least 10 years, but I rarely bother to look at daily and weekly changes and SVN etc. Frankly I do not have the time for it.

So it boils down to what the masses THINK of the level of activity. In computer clubs, and also in groups of like minded friends, in the breaks in a software demo, etc, we always discuss whether there is another release of XYZ, not about the content or relevance. The comparisons are often about whether XYZ also had a new release, NOT about comparing features.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu