Re: IDE for Eu4?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
AndyDrummond said...
jimcbrown said...

Note that since I'm on Linux/GNU, these files are completely untested.

Well, thanks Jim, you've done a lot but that magic word "untested" is a bit of a worry. I installed the IDE 1.0.4 and replaced IDE.exw - and under 3.1.1 it claimed that the first splash screen was missing.

C:\euphoria\BEIDE\IDE.exw:94 
Normal_35 has not been declared 
openWindow(splash, Normal_35) 
                           ^ 

At that point I have to go do some wretched paid work, but it doesn't bode well. I have to say I do prefer trying tested stuff rather than untested. Testing modified code makes me look up at a little poster on my wall which says "But all I did was ..... ".
I'm not saying it is wrong because probably I haven't set it up right just yet ... I will have a go again at lunchtime or whenever I have two minutes to rub together.

It seems my folly was trying to combine the IDE without including win32lib. That causes the error you are seeing. (What happens is that without access to win32lib, it gets confused and thinks every global symbols exported by win32lib is actually a local symbol in each file. Then it tries to rename the local symbols differently to avoid naming conflicts, with disasterous results.)

I've redone IDEall.exw with win32lb v0.70.20, then discovered that win32lib enjoy doing tricks like reusing the same name as a local and a global symbol and sometimes declaring a global symbol twice in different files.

I'm still working on getting this fixed.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu