Re: Linux installation

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Matt,

Sorry about the delay.

After a fair amount of irritation with selective boot options, I installed PCBSD on the #2 SATA of an AMD64 box, but it's not happy with the wireless network, so I can't vouch for those functions. Using the .bz2 plain vanilla RC2 file, everything works just fine. Of course, it's not a package or a port, but manually installed in either user HOME or /usr/local, no problem (PCBSD installs with HOME/bin in PATH).It ran the eutest suite with 4 errors (t_bundled, t_io, t_net_http, t_socket), all of which I'm assuming is a product of wireless she-no-work situation (Netgear WG111V2). My wife has a DLink adapter, but there were loud screams, so I'll move it where there's an Ethernet jack later.

It seems development got real busy making PCBSD just as irritating as Windows, but it sure does run like the proverbial scalded cat.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu