Re: Euphoria 4.0 appears to problematic

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
mcwong said...

I have used 3.11 for quite sometime and decided to try version 4. It appears to be very troublesome, probably because of the documentation where the sample codes do not work. Constants such as CONSOLE, KEYBOARD, as given in the sample throws out error msg.

I did not find examples of CONSOLE or KEYBOARD in our documentation. Can you point me to the examples where these two constants exist? I will fix them right away.

mcwong said...

Even "namespace io" throws "errors resolving the following references".

namespace io declares a new namespace, it does not use a namespace. You must use include std/io.e for that.

mcwong said...

running on win XP, statements such as if platform()=LINUX throws an error

All platform defines are defined in std/os.e. An example of doing what you are doing above is:

include std/os.e 

if platform() = LINUX then 
    printf(1, "I'm on Linux!\n") 
else 
    printf(1, "I'm not on Linux!\n") 
end if 

Or, a new 4.0 way (conditional complation) is to use ifdef:

ifdef LINUX then 
    printf(1, "I'm on Linux!\n") 
elsedef 
    printf(1, "I'm not on Linux!\n") 
end ifdef 
mcwong said...

I really cannot describe the problems compared to v3.11. I'm using RC 2. Also documentation is at best sketchy especially on using win32lib

I don't think that win32lib has ever been documented in the Euphoria docs. I know that Derek has recently said: "The current Win32lib (0,70,20, "13-Nov-2010"), which is available at Sourceforge, works with Eu 4, both interpreted and translated."

Are there other issues you are having with 4.0? These don't seem to be problems, just some changes. It has been an easier migration for those who have kept up w/4.0 development as it was going on but for those that have not we are creating a What's new in 4.0 document as we speak. It should be available in a few days.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu