Re: 2nd Contest ... Purpose, get people using RC2

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
PeteE said...

Are blank lines allowed?

In one of my test programs it became easier to calculate goto addresses if the destination address is the product of two numbers 1..9. This required putting blank lines in the program to make the destination instruction appear at the desired address. But is a blank line valid input? If not, I can easily insert a no-operation into the code (such as "200 r0=r0" or "300 r0+=0".)

I'd say no at this point because it wasn't in the spec as what to do with a blank line and there is already quite a bit of code written for this contest, changing the requirements now would be unfair. Sorry.

As we do more contests and learn more about it, we should alter our methods. For example, posting the spec then allowing 1 day (of the contest period) for comments, suggestions, clarifications, etc... of the spec. Those who start programming before the comment time is over have taken the risk they may have to modify the code they've already written.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu