Re: Euphoria Logo Contest, will you participate?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jeremy said...

I like both of them, but with a comic character like that would like to see some life in him w/some colors or something?

Jeremy

OK, thanks for your reply. I would offer the following:

Firstly, It's not a "comic character", this is a comic character (Timon from Lion King):

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLLOJtSEfustYkRdc5CrsfVsC-JSIwgb20F1qV1HPHPhvMu3qZ

My offer is a graphic illustration of a meerkat with a carefully balanced mix of bilateral symmetries/asymmetries intended to suggest a "friendly, approachable, techy" vibe.

Most (all?) meerkats are either a mix of greys with black or a mix of sand/beige colours with black.

As far as I can tell, a brand colour scheme has not been agreed, so to keep the colours in line with my current offers for the logo of blue/grey, I rendered the meerkat in grays as sand/beige shades would not be appropriate with steel grey/blue text.

Nothwithstanding the above, colour is a very emotive subject, and as no brand colour scheme has been pre-agreed, it is appropriate (in the first instance) to show the graphic rendered in neutral colours so that people can judge the merits of the graphic without being encumbered by considerations of colour.

Do you have any particular suggestions for a colour scheme?

Regards,
Smudger

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu