Re: Categories work for messages as well

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...

Looking back at the email archive, I see a lot of messages that might be categorized as Category "UsefulWin32LibTips" or such. I'll go ahead and tag them as such .. oops! Can't.

Very well. I've counted them out to be 1,224 separate messages. I'll need to contact an admin and notify them to add these messages into the new Category that I want to create. Derek, I've emailed you the 1,224 links and expect you to have this task completed ASAP.

This certainly isn't the only way to get them connected to the category. It's super easy to link to a message--I assume the [[message:1234~]~] link now works from the wiki. So create a wiki page that links to the messages, and categorize the wiki page. I guess it's maybe not as convenient as directly editing the post, but probably no less useful to the end user looking for information. And easy enough for anyone to do.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu