Re: Categories work for messages as well

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...

Yes, but these aren't forum categories (in the sense that post X should have gone into the "OpenEuphoria website" subforum instead of the "Win32Lib" subforum). We're attaching forum messages to categories which are stored in the wiki.

I don't have a problem with being able to add forum messages to the Categories, the issue I have is that only a limited set of people can do this. I see no justification for this.

Either I don't understand what you are saying, or you (or I) don't understand what Categories are about.

Categories are not stored in the wiki. The wiki engine happens to be the tool to show you what items are in a specific category, but the items themselves can be wiki pages, forum messages, ticket comments, etc ...

Anyone can add their forum posts to any category they like. This is not being restricted to only a limited set of people. And note, it is the forum message being added to a category and not the forum topic. This means that it is possible for each message in a given topic to belong to different categories, if that's what the message authors choose to do.

Also, any given message can belong to multiple categories. This is not a restriction either.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu