Re: getOpenFileName options

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Thanks Pete. I looked at the MSDN post, and downloaded their C++ example. It rather confirms my decision!

What I intend to do is write a "Filmstrip" type view for selection of images. Rather like the folder browse filmstrip view. I'm also adding a comment field so the user can add a textual comment to each image which they can read as they scroll back and forth. I think it will take a lot less effort than trying to persuade Windows open dialog to control its grandchildren, and with additional bonuses - boni? - too. I think the CXImage library will handle all the image stuff nicely. Time will tell.

It's truly amazing how the Windows API can make things so difficult to do at times. I mean, writing it all in C++ is a disaster IMHO. All that lovely type checking, bypassed in almost every case with type casting. If I wrote code like that I'd expect to have problems. Should all have been written in euphoria, of course!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu