Re: Categories work for messages as well

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jeremy said...

Categories work for messages also. See message:113229. I added the Tip Category to the topic (same as wiki page, add Category whatever to the bottom). Now see wiki:CategoryTip. Notice you can toggle between only wiki resources or show all resources. Click on "all"

In an environment like ours many times the forum will contain new product announcements, cool solutions to problems everyone encounters, questions that others will be seeking the answer to as well. Although there is a search function it's sometimes hard to nail down a forum post you are looking for or one that you hope exists. Thus, with the new category system we can categorize forum posts also. For example there may be a FAQ Category, maybe a message is asking a How To question about Win32 lib, etc... By categorizing posts in a friendly manner (and not overdoing it!) we can now easily find those via the Category interface.

Jeremy

CategoryWiki

Ok, I'm finding this "Categories" idea/system interesting, probably powerful, but still somewhat confusing.

For instance, I see you have "categorized" this page into the Wiki category, but what would you maybe categorize it to reflect it's contents so that it could, as you indicate, be more easily found than the search facility?

And where might we find a LIST of possibly relevant categories, so if people DO categorize some posts, we won't end up with a million different terms of categorization for fundamentally similar categories?

Dan

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu