Re: forum header messed up when narrowed

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
DerekParnell said...
useless said...
DerekParnell said...
useless said...

I fixed the bug ...
Is anyone making a bet pool on this fix being used?

What fix? You didn't give us one here ... or have you given the fix to someone else on the dev team?

I don't know who to give it to (it's not a worthy of a bug ticket (it's already been said by a dev that fixing that bug isn't worth it), there's no functioning web team(?), it's not code one would post in the forum, my previous webpage fixes were not accepted, etc etc), and so far i cannot join #euphoria to discuss it, and no one has asked for it.

useless

You know who is on the dev team.

Sure, but this was a web issue, not a language development issue. Besides, i didn't feel like fighing the dev team over anything ever again.

DerekParnell said...

Why is it not 'worthy' of a bug ticket?

Who said it isn't worth it and so what if they did say that?

[10:02] <jeremy_c> and it's not high on my priority list to make the website look good at 340px wide.
[10:02] <katsmeow-afk> it's a 19 inch monitor, it's not 340pix wide
[10:03] <jeremy_c> 19inch monitor means little. I can run my 22" monitor at 640x480
[10:03] <jeremy_c> what resolution are you using?
[10:03] <katsmeow-afk> 1024x768
[10:04] <katsmeow-afk> i'll run a 22 inch monitor soon as you send it to me
[10:04] <jeremy_c> The "standard" minimum now a days is 1280x1024. I personally am not too interested in less than that. Unfortunate for those running smaller, but you are in the vast minority.
[10:05] <katsmeow-afk> not gonna blow $150+ because you refuse to make a flexable webpage
[10:05] <CoJaBo> jeremy_c: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netbook
[10:05] <jeremy_c> yes, that is true. They are gaining in popularity.
[10:05] <jeremy_c> I have one. 800x600
[10:05] <katsmeow-afk> or because youi refuse to allow me to make it flexable
[10:05] <CoJaBo> Im not lugging around a 19-inch slab to visit a website.
[10:06] <jeremy_c> allow you? Did you submit patches we denied that didn't have any other effect?
[10:06] <katsmeow-afk> yep, 2x
[10:06] <jeremy_c> who rejected them?
[10:06] <katsmeow-afk> the whole bloody dev crew
[10:06] <katsmeow-afk> that's when YOU told me to go buy a wider monitor
[10:06] <jeremy_c> hm, I didn't and I'm part of the crew, thus the whole bloody crew did not reject them.
[10:07] <katsmeow-afk> you did
[10:07] <jeremy_c> If I did, it was a long time ago and I did with a good reason. I don't just reject good patches.
[10:08] <katsmeow-afk> you said it wasn't important, it wasn't a problem on your screen
[10:08] <jeremy_c> I highly doubt that.
[10:08] <jeremy_c> I might have said I'm not working on it now.
[10:08] <katsmeow-afk> well, i would have worked on it then
[10:08] <jeremy_c> but I wouldn't reject a patch that fixes something
[10:09] <mattlewis> I recall discussions about the css, but didn't pay too much attention, b/c I wasn't really working with euweb at that point
[10:09] <katsmeow-afk> this is not going to be another instance of me wasting time looking thru logs to proove me right, forget it
[10:09] <jeremy_c> that's fine. we can move on then.
[10:10] <katsmeow-afk> right, it's still broken, we can move on with the new brokenness of nowrap
[10:10] <jeremy_c> I am in to fix that but waiting until the server comes back up.
[10:10] <jeremy_c> That's an easy 10 second fix. Fixing the toolbar buttons is not.

I disagree. Different things are difficult for different people. I didn't find it to be difficult.

DerekParnell said...

The web team is the dev team. Now you know.

Why is it not code one would post in the forum?

It's not Euphoria code, it's web design stuff.

DerekParnell said...

No one should expect that all their submissions will be accepted or all rejected. So just because something you submitted hasn't been implemented (yet?) you shouldn't assume that future submissions will attract the same response.

One does not have to wait to be asked for a fix - just submit it anyway.

They've been rejected before.

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu