Re: ok, tell me THIS isn't a bug!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
useless said...

I didn't/don't complain about the declaration of vars down in the code, but praps it shouldn't be released like that into the wild, in mature-ish code? And the interpreter should be smart enough to know "hey, we already have this variable".

I guess this is more of a style issue, but either way, the debugger should handle it correctly. Some prefer to have variables scoped as minimally as possible, and declared as close to where they are used as possible. Eu4 allows this.

Technically, it doesn't create a new variable each loop iteration. Whenever one iteration is finished, the variable goes out of scope and is garbage collected (sequences and double precision atoms). Each iteration uses the same variable. It's a bit of a change, and I'd be happy to talk about the hows and whys if anyone is interested. :)

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu