Re: IRC Controversy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
useless said...

Tiggr has numerous "typos", most are meant to be humorous. Some actually are.

No disagreements here.

useless said...
jimcbrown said...

After this, another solution was offered. Someone worked to set up an interface for Kat which would enable her to connect to the channel 24/7 but through a jumpbox that could transparently hide her connectivity issues. She never used this.

Actually, i don't recall ever hearing of it working. I recall it didn't cache and i needed to use a *nix irc client, which would be problematic since i use no *nix computers. And i still need such a caching proxy, ideally compatable with any irc client.

I wasn't part of this so I can't comment on this person's efforts.

However, I'm sure these technical issues can be resolved. (E.g. use of JBouncer or a similiar system would allow you to continue using your own IRC client.)

useless said...
jimcbrown said...

Kat instead stated that she'd never come back to the channel. I simply told her that she was always welcome back and left it at that. (Her post detailing her conversation with CoJaBo took place in that same channel today.) Likewise, her status as channel operator (which incidently includes the ability to remove bans, including bans set on herself) has remained intact this entire time.

Honestly, this sounds like a passive aggressive way of saying i lied about not coming back, or you don't want me there, or whatever. Could you be more clear?

Your exact words were "i'll abide the decision and not show up as a join or part in the channel again."

After I gave the welcome, I don't recall getting a response back. I assumed you understood that there never was any such decision against you and that the welcome was accepted since you did return to the channel (which you are still welcome to be in, along with Tiggr).

useless said...
jimcbrown said...

Another thing that I note is that a different user was temporarily kickbanned from #tiggrbox on March 3rd or 4th, 2010 due to ISP issues. (That is, for identical reasons.)

It should be pointed out, i don't own that channel, and at the time i held no office there, i couldn't place or remove bans.

Noted. I will note that #tiggrbox, from this one example, seems to enforce similiar policies. At least, that this policy seems to be pretty universal.

useless said...
jimcbrown said...
useless said...

it was he whose post i was replying to.

Please quote the post where I accused you of FUD.

Jeeze, you people still have the same problem of following a thread not explicitly marked.

I'm pretty upset at this. I never accused you of FUD. You said:

kat said...

Regarding any fud i may have produced: you're welcome. Same as when you kickbanned me from #euphoria and then blamed the bot and some one else. Yeas, long history, and it is neither getting shorter nor being addressed.

And you later said:

kat said...

Iamlost/jimcbrown kickbanned me from the irc channel, it was he whose post i was replying to. It was not accidental, and it wasn't the bot that did it.

So I read that as if you were accusing me of accusing you of FUD.

If I have read this incorrectly and misunderstood, just tell me that I misunderstood.

If I am reading this correctly, then I must respond by saying that I never accused you of FUD on this or the parent thread. If I am mistaken, please quote the post and point it out to me!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu