Re: Manual section of OpenEuphoria is wonky

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
CoJaBo said...
ABC said...

How important is this? Shouldn't the developers worry more about getting 4.0 out the door rather than obsess about the looks of a website?

Getting this stuff fixed would be a nice-to-have, but getting a release out is a must-have. This is a matter of priorities.

I'd say it should be a top priority-
Whats the use of a release if you have no community behind it? No community means no new users, testers, developers, or expansion of the language. If noone uses it... whats the point?

Imagine you are someone who is looking for a programming language, then look at that screenshot again. You aren't going to be programming in that OpenEuphoria thing, thats for sure.

We have a forum and we have posters posting. Including quite a few beginners who are new to Euphoria, judging by some of the more recent posts here.

How many people do you know of who quit or chose not to use Euphoria because of a 301 REDIRECT message?

Unless you can name names and cite numbers, I'll consider this as nothing better than pure FUD.

CoJaBo said...

Indeed. The people who know how to fix the problems are not permitted to access the site's code. Not very open-source-like at all.

I had no trouble checking out the code for the website. It was easy to access. You have no business contributing to open source if you are unable to figure out something as simple as Subversion.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu