Re: New Thread Dos Kaleidoscope -- View this CoJaBo

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
CoJaBo said...

It doesn't work-
you have to compute the values at the start, not use hard-coded ones. Not everyone has the same sized screen.

I had no idea how you got those values, thats why I scaled them instead of the better way of recomputing them.

Also, its better if the background is an actual color, like black or just a random color- the default "blank window off-peach" color XP gives is rather dull.

(Sorry about the self-replicating forum post- that wasn't meant to actually make it to the forum. I forgot that simply PREVIEWING the post would cause it to execute -_-')

I discussed this briefly when updated my DeluxeSlideShow3. Up until the last few years the aspect ratio of all TV's and Computer Monitors was 4:3.

The width of screen in relationship to height of the screen. With the advent of HDTV came the 16:9 aspect ratio. The way I remember

this is the square of 4 is 16 and the square of 3 is 9. Computer Monitors are one or the other. I the future they all will be 16:9. I don't think

you can find 4:3s at Best Buy anymore. Regardless of the SIZE of the Screen(which is measured diagonally), (That is top left to bottom right) the

aspect ratio remains the same. That is a 27" Monitor has the same aspect ratio as a 18.5" Monitor.

This can easily be rectified with:

s=getRect(SCREEN) 
	screenWidth=s[3] 
	screenHeight=s[4] 

setRect(Win,0,0,screenWidth,screenHeight,1) 

Selgor, looks good what you've got there,

Don Cole

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu