Re: cannot build

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
irv said...

Question is, will my version work on the majority of Linux boxes, or are mine an anomaly, and the eubins version works on most? I have tested and gotten the same results on several different processors.

Further question: if the float problem is not caused by GTK, it should cause problems with any Eu Linux program which happens to pass floating point values. That would seem to warrant some investigation.

Jeremy and I have done some investigation of the difference between the eubins and stuff I built myself. I couldn't find anything obvious in the different build environments. Our gcc minor versions were one off (4.3 vs 4.4, see below).

It's definitely not a GTK issue. It's something to do with the way the euphoria binaries are built, as the test code we previously posted demonstrated.

This is my environment:

$ uname -a 
Linux oneill 2.6.31-17-generic #54-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 10 16:20:31 UTC 
2009 i686 GNU/Linux 

$ gcc --version 
gcc (Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu9) 4.4.1 

And the eubins build environment:

$ uname -a 
Linux cowgar 2.6.18-6-686 #1 SMP Tue Jun 17 21:31:27 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux 

$ gcc -v 
Using built-in specs. 
Target: i486-linux-gnu 
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Debian 4.3.3-5' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.3/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --enable-nls --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.3 --program-suffix=-4.3 --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-objc-gc --enable-mpfr --enable-targets=all --with-tune=generic --enable-checking=release --build=i486-linux-gnu --host=i486-linux-gnu --target=i486-linux-gnu 
Thread model: posix 
gcc version 4.3.3 (Debian 4.3.3-5) 

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu