Re: mem leaks win32 call_back

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
mattlewis said...

Maybe. It's pretty rare, though it's basically what I did with the callbacks for eu.ex. I've also used fptr.e to use somewhat exotic calling conventions, like MS's thiscall. There were also some standard callbacks required in COM programming that required more than the then-allowed number of parameters.

Matt

Adding the ability to free callbacks natively would then simplify eu.ex at least. And for the embedded euphoria, it would make things easier to implement if we can keep the same code used by the backend...

I don't follow you about eu.ex. It uses the same technique (just transplanted from fptr.e into execute.e) as fptr.e. Take a look at cb_std and cb_cdecl to see what I was talking about as far as adding an additional parameter for dispatching.

And I don't see what use freeing callbacks would be in eu.ex. When would you free them? Why?

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu