Re: wxEuphoria (again)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
Jerry_Story said...

Yeah! It works!

I guess these 2 lines don't matter.

ln: creating symbolic link `lib/libwxeu.so': No such file or directory 
jstory@jstory-desktop:~/Documents$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libwxeu.so.14 lib/libwxeu.so.14 
ln: creating symbolic link `lib/libwxeu.so.14': No such file or directory 
jstory@jstory-desktop:~/Documents$ 

That's because you typed them in wrong...

Ah! Maybe that is why dmak produced a segmentation error after loading data. I typed those 2 lines correctly and the error disappeared.

said...
Jerry_Story said...

That, so far as I know, solves my problem, at least until the next Ubuntu upgrade or wipeout. But some people who download and try to run wxEuphoria-based programs will have a problem and they probably will give up quicker. What can be done about that?

Well, when a final release is ready, I guess Matt will submit a package to Ubutnu and you can just apt-get install wxeu.

Automating the debugging process you just went through is not trivial, but such would be a prerequisite to making open_dll() smart enough to report what went wrong.

On the other hand, what you went through is something the average linux user can handle. It's mostly the linux newbies that will have trouble, and those are probably better off waiting for a stable apt-get worthy release anyways...

The "apt-get install wxeu" will be a major event for wxEuphoria.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu