Re: Euphoria on ARM (and other processors)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...

When will you make the source for all of this available?

of course although at the moment (for what i hope are working armv7 binaries that use glibc/eglibc) it really isn't any changes to the source other than using the be_callc_conly.c and a recent trunk tarball (for be_task.c with no assembler) and removal of the -m32's from the makefile as ARM gcc doesn't want that (and reverting SDpringle's arch changes as they get mucked up in scratchbox). the main thing i have contributed to the process is discovering how to get scratchbox to allow me run an x86 eui/euc/eub within the qemu emulated environment so I don't have to copy the tree after the make source stage, which once i sat down and thought about it logically was a homer moment.

porting to the stock zipitz2 (which is what i am aiming for) seems to be taking alot more time and effort than i thought because of what i am assuming are subtle differences between uclibc and glibc/eglibc that really shouldn't exist as in theory they are supposed to be source compatability between the 3 libs and binary compatablility between glibc & eglibc. That said as glibc seems to work for arm i could move from scratchbox to openembedded although that means writing bitbake recipies (but that drives me nuts) and resign myself to not being able to use euphoria on a stock zipit which uses uclibc and just accept that i'll only be able to use it on my modded zipit's

(of course now i have scratchbox sussed all this (for glibc) can be replicated for a standalone cross toolchain (probably less hassle too) so additional processors can be targeted reasonably easily)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu